Skip to Content

Toll Free: (800) 484-4381

Kelley Kronenberg

H-1 B Visas

H-1 B Visas

Visa H-1B:

The H-1B visa is intended for workers with advanced degrees (university degree or higher) who want to work in the field of application of their course of study. For this visa, it is necessary to find an employer willing to sponsor the applicant. Some examples of areas in which you can use an H-1B visa are: computer science, architecture, engineering, mathematics, research, social sciences, biotechnology, medicine, education, law, accounting, economics, theology, art, IT, finance, banking, marketing, and telecommunications.

This visa has the advantage of being evaluated by US immigration in only 15 days (against the payment of an additional tax). However, it is important to bear in mind that the decision on the visa does not imply its immediate issuance, more steps being necessary before the visa can be printed in the passport. The H-1B visa is issued for a period of three years, renewable for another three years. Once the total period of six years has elapsed, it will be possible to prolong the stay even longer, only in the presence of specific circumstances.

Family members of the H-1B Visa holder:

Spouses and children under the age of 21, as long as they are not married, can apply for an H-4 visa to accompany the holder of the H-1B visa.