Skip to Content

Toll Free: (800) 484-4381

Immigration and Nationality Law

Our Practices

Immigration and Nationality Law

Immigration and Nationality Law is a complex and constantly changing area of law in the United States. The policies, regulations, nuances, and varying political climates make it difficult to seek and attain proper visa and immigration status or other citizenship qualifications.

Our multilingual and multicultural Immigration and Nationality lawyers represent businesses, as well as individual foreign nationals and their families, in the full scope of U.S. immigration and nationality law matters, including:

  • Family-based Immigration Petitions
  • Fiancé Visas
  • Naturalization and Citizenship
  • Removal and Deportation
  • Immigration Appeals
  • Asylum Claims
  • Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions
  • Waivers of Inadmissibility
  • Non-Immigrant Visas
  • E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader/ Treaty Investor Visas
  • Employment-Based Non-Immigrant Visas
  • Employment-Based Immigrant Visas
  • Labor Certifications
  • Extraordinary Ability Petitions
  • Petitions for Multinationals Managers and Executives
  • EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program
  • Consular Visa Processing and Adjustment of Status

Our Immigration and Nationality Practice Group is experienced in representing clients before the following: the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), Immigration Courts throughout the United States, the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO), the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BALCA), and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) including the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS). Our Attorneys are experienced in counseling clients on compliance issues, processing and filing required paperwork, training employers on better business practices and representing individuals before various boards and tribunals. In addition, our Attorneys are skilled litigators in federal court and in administrative appellate litigation.

Our Immigration and Nationality Law Practice Group is also able to assist foreign individuals, investors and/or employees, as well as corporations with their business immigration issues. Our immigration attorneys are able to support corporations in hiring and transferring foreign national personnel to company branches within the United States, including executives, managers and professionals. Our experienced Business Immigration team offers a wide range of immigration services and guidance to meet the needs of multinational clients.

Further, our immigration attorneys are highly experienced in representing foreign individuals and employees with their business/employment applications, specifically with their employment-based and investment visas. For business clients, Kelley Kronenberg serves as a partner to provide efficient processing of foreign nationals for temporary and permanent employment.

United States immigration law distinguishes between “nonimmigrant” visas (ie, visas intended for temporary immigration) and “immigrant” visas (ie, permanent visas). Most “nonimmigrant” visas are renewable if the conditions that allowed them to obtain them in the first place still persist, which leads in fact to the possibility of residing in the United States for an unlimited period of time; however, “Immigrant” visas are established as permanent and are intended for people wishing to move permanently to the United States, the so-called green cards. Most of the visas that are referred to as “moving” to the USA, they are really considered non-immigrants (for example, E visas, B visas, O Visa). We strongly recommend you to read the explanations below in order to understand better what visa or green card may mean to you.

Non-immigrant visa

Among the most used nonimmigrant visas, the following are worthy of attention:

  • Visas B: tourist or business visa.
  • Visas E-1 and E-2: Visas for employers, companies or services and for their employees.
  • Visas F and M: Visas for study or training.
  • Visas H-1B: Visas for workers with university degrees or distinguished professionals.
  • Visas J: Visa for paid internships or cultural exchanges.
  • Visas K: Visas for engaged couples and couples living abroad.
  • Visas L: Visa for transfer of managers or executives between international locations, within the same company.
  • Visas O: Visa for individuals with extraordinary abilities or achievements.
  • Visas P: Visa for internationally recognized athletes.

Permits and Green Card

The person who wishes to live indefinitely in the United States and work freely in any field must obtain a “Permanent Resident Card of the United States” commonly known as “Green Card”.

The green card can be obtained through different classification categories that reflect the interest that the United States has to accommodate the applicant; this means that the higher categories will require important professional profiles, but it will also facilitate the procedures of the foreign person to enter the United States.

  • EB-1: Permanent Residence for Extraordinary Skills, International Administrators, and Teachers.
  • EB-2: Permanent Residence for professionals and people with exceptional abilities.
  • EB-3: Permanent residence card for workers.
  • EB-4: Permanent residence for workers in special fields
  • EB-5: Permanent residence for Investors.


Recent News