Bud Adams, Charles Kelley and Steven Kronenberg founded the firm in 1980 with the opening of an office in Coconut Grove, Florida. Many of the same principles and values of the firm’s founders serve as the foundation for our new vision. Kelley Kronenberg was built on hard work, passion and a focus on client service. Every year since 1980, Kelley Kronenberg has evolved and progressed to meet the needs of our clients and the ever-changing landscape of their businesses.
Since its inception, Kelley Kronenberg has developed a reputation as a leading law firm serving businesses and the insurance industry. Our extensive experience in the extremely competitive insurance industry has enabled us to excel in adding value to all of our clients. We are proud of our history and celebrate our continued growth.
Below is the timeline of our expansion and some significant events in our firm’s history:
- 1980 – Bud Adams, Charles Kelley and Steven Kronenberg founded the firm in 1980 with the opening of an office in Coconut Grove, Florida. Soon after, the office moves to Miami Lakes and a Fort Lauderdale office is opened. Shortly thereafter, a small office in West Palm Beach is opened.
- 1987 – Current firm CEO and Principal Partner, Michael Fichtel joins the firm and becomes a partner in 1992.
- 1987 – Karen Gilmartin, current Principal Partner, joins the firm and becomes a partner in 1992.
- 1989 – Howard Wander, current Principal Partner, joins the firm and becomes a partner in 1996.
- 1995 – Heath Eskalyo, current Principal Partner, joins the firm and becomes a partner in 2000.
- 1994 – There is a change in Workers’ Compensation law, which is followed by more significant changes in 2003 and 2009.
- 1996 – Executive Director, Christine Simpson, joins the firm.
- 1998 – Firm Co-founder, Charles Kelley, retires.
- 1998 – The firm moves to its present headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- 1998 – The firm expands and opens an office in Orlando, FL.
- 1999 – The firm starts to diversify its practice areas, and accelerates this track throughout the next decade.
- 2003 – The firm expands and opens an office Jacksonville, FL.
- 2005 – The firm expands and opens an office in Panama City.
- 2008 – The firm expands and opens an office in Tampa, FL.
- 2010 – Principal Partner and CEO, Michael Fichtel, is appointed as firm Managing Partner.
- 2010 – An in-house IT Department is created and the firm transitions to Apple Technology.
- 2011 – The firm expands and opens an office in Chicago, IL.
- 2011 – The firm headquarters in Fort Lauderdale grows to 30,000 square feet.
- 2011 – The firm expands and opens an office in Tallahassee, FL.
- 2012 – Remaining Co-Founder, Steven Kronenberg, retires.
- 2012 – The firm significantly increases its Administrative Team in both the Human Resources and Business Development/Marketing Departments.
- 2014 – The firm’s West Palm Beach office expands and relocates to accommodate growth and allow for a greater presence in the West Palm Beach and South Florida markets.
- 2015 – The firm further expands its insurance litigation services in the Miami market and opens an office on Brickell Avenue in the heart of Miami’s financial district.
- 2015 – The firm opens a virtual office in Atlanta, GA.
Today, Kelley Kronenberg is a full service law firm that spans 10 offices, over 25 practice areas, more than 110 lawyers, and a support staff of over 250 people.