Bud Adams, Charles Kelley, and Steven Kronenberg founded the firm in 1980 with the opening of an office in Coconut Grove, Florida. Many of the same principles and values of the firm’s founders serve as the foundation for our new vision. Kelley Kronenberg was built on hard work, passion and a focus on client service.
Every year since 1980, Kelley Kronenberg has evolved and progressed to meet the needs of our clients and the ever-changing landscape of their businesses. Since its inception, Kelley Kronenberg has developed a reputation as a leading law firm serving businesses and the insurance industry. Our extensive experience in the extremely competitive insurance industry has enabled us to excel in adding value to all of our clients.
We are proud of our history and celebrate our continued growth. Below is the timeline of our expansion and some significant events in our firm’s history:
- 1980 – Bud Adams, Charles Kelley and Steven Kronenberg founded the firm in 1980 with the opening of an office in Coconut Grove, Florida. Soon after, the office moves to Miami Lakes and a Fort Lauderdale office is opened. Shortly thereafter, a small office in West Palm Beach is opened.
- 1987 – Current firm CEO and Principal Partner, Michael Fichtel joins the firm and becomes a partner in 1992.
- 1987 – Karen Gilmartin, current Principal Partner, joins the firm and becomes a partner in 1992.
- 1989 – Howard Wander, current Principal Partner, joins the firm and becomes a partner in 1996.
- 1995 – Heath Eskalyo, current Principal Partner, joins the firm and becomes a partner in 2000.
- 1994 – Change in Workers’ Compensation law, which is followed by more significant changes in 2003 and 2009.
- 1996 – Executive Director, Christine Simpson, joins the firm.
- 1998 – Firm Co-founder, Charles Kelley, retires.
- 1998 – The firm moves to its present headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- 1998 – The firm expands and opens an office in Orlando, FL.
- 1999 – The firm starts to diversify its practice areas, and accelerates this track throughout the next decade.
- 2008 – The firm expands and opens an office in Tampa, FL.
- 2010 – Principal Partner and CEO, Michael Fichtel, is appointed as firm Managing Partner.
- 2010 – An in-house IT Department is created and the firm transitions to Apple Technology.
- 2011 – The firm expands and opens an office in Chicago, IL.
- 2011 – The firm headquarters in Fort Lauderdale grows to 30,000 square feet.
- 2011 – The firm expands and opens an office in Tallahassee, FL.
- 2012 – Remaining Co-Founder, Steven Kronenberg, retires.
- 2012 – The firm significantly increases its Administrative Team in both the Human Resources and Business Development/Marketing Departments.
- 2014 – The firm’s West Palm Beach office expands and relocates to accommodate growth and allow for a greater presence in the West Palm Beach and South Florida markets.
- 2015 – The firm further expands its insurance litigation services in the Miami market and opens an office on Brickell Avenue in the heart of Miami’s financial district.
- 2015 – The firm opens a virtual office in Atlanta, GA.
- 2019 – The firm completes construction and moves into its new state-of-the-art corporate headquarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- 2019 – The firm expands and opens an office in Jacksonville, FL.
- 2020 – The firm welcomes Justice for Kids, a leading Child Advocacy Plaintiff group.
- 2020 – The firm opens an office in Naples, FL.
Today, Kelley Kronenberg is a multi-practice business law firm with more than 175 attorneys and 11 locations throughout Florida and the United States.
Our firm is one of the fastest-growing law firms in Florida, built on relationships, and committed to exceptional client service. We serve all types and sizes of public and private companies, as well as small businesses and individuals nationwide.
Kelley Kronenberg has been recognized amongst the “Largest U.S. Law Firms” by the National Law Journal’s NLJ 500 and Law 360 400 in 2020, America’s Top Corporate Law Firms by Forbes and Top 10 in NLJ’s Women’s Scorecard in 2019. The firm has been the recipient of many accolades most recently including Top “Largest Law Firms” in the South Florida Business Journal, Tampa Bay Business Journal and Orlando Business Journal in 2020; Florida Trend, South Florida Business & Wealth, and American Lawyer’s Daily Business Review “Review 100” in 2019.