March 14, 2023Share
Women’s History Month Employee Spotlight: Racquel “Rocky” Alvarenga
- Name: Racquel “Rocky” Alvarenga
- Title: Legal Assistant
- Years at KK: 4 Months
- Obstacles you’ve overcome as a woman in a male-dominated profession: Men coming into the situation with the automatic thought that you don’t know or wouldn’t know much, especially in areas where males dominate intricate knowledge, i.e., construction litigation, trucking litigation (currently doing a trucking trial), product liability litigation, or even real estate.
- What does Women’s History Month mean to you?: It means everything to me. It shows me that no matter what anyone thinks of me, I’m here and therefore, I CAN.
- Favorite Quote or Mantra: “The only failure is not trying. If you fail, get up because this time, you’re an expert.” – My Mom, Paulette Alvarenga
- Name a woman that inspires you and why: My mom inspires me every day and always pushed me to at least try at whatever I wanted to do and to be myself. She’s always made it clear to not worry about anyone else’s opinion of me or let them dictate what I can or cannot do.