The Kelley Kronenberg Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice provides counsel to internet-based and more traditional brick-and-mortar companies. Our attorneys advise clients on the statutory and regulatory requirements they face when handling sensitive information concerning their customers, employees, patients, and affiliates.
The members of the Data Privacy & Cybersecurity Practice team have multidisciplinary backgrounds in regulatory compliance, corporate governance and transactions, healthcare, intellectual property rights, complex civil litigation, and technology. They assist clients with:
- Data breach prevention, response, and litigation
- Corporate compliance programs, including written information security policies and privacy policies and privacy notices.
- Consumer Protection Laws, including data breach notification statutes, the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) as amended by the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
- Preparation of social media policies
- Vendor management and vendor contracts
The team provides legal services to:
- Communications companies
- Healthcare providers and insurers
- Educational institutions
- Financial Institutions
- Professional services firms
- Stores and other retail establishments
- Technology companies