Modifications & Enforcement


Post-Judgment Modifications

Over time, a party’s circumstances can change, and it may become necessary to modify an existing Agreement or Final Judgment. An Order is based upon the circumstances that existed at the time the judgment was rendered. If you have experienced a substantial change in circumstances since your action was finalized, you may have grounds to seek a modification.

Parents often seek to modify their parenting plan and time-sharing schedule as their children get older, and their needs change. However, modifying a parenting plan is not as simple as many parents believe. Once a parenting plan has been agreed upon in writing by the parties or established by the Court, it can only be modified by the Court after a showing of a substantial, material, permanent, and unanticipated change of circumstances, and such modification must be in the best interest of the child.

There are many types of life changes that lead to modifications of Agreements and Final Orders, including the loss of a job, remarriage, economic hardships, increases in financial circumstances, illness or physical injury, relocation, a change in a dependent’s status, disability and death.

Our attorneys routinely assist our clients in modifying divorce agreements pertaining to alimony, child support, and parenting plans. Our knowledge and experience handling complex Family Law matters afford us the ability to make sophisticated and compelling arguments on behalf of our clients.

Contempt & Enforcement

Under Florida law, contempt occurs when a party willfully fails to comply with a clear Court Order. Violating a Court Order for a parenting plan, child support, alimony, or any other family law matter, can have serious legal consequences for the non-compliant party.

Court Orders can be highly complicated and a challenging task to face alone. The Family Law attorneys at Kelley Kronenberg can help. Our attorneys have decades of combined experience handling complex family law matters, including a wide range of contempt and enforcement issues.

Whether you are seeking enforcement of an existing Order or defending against a contempt claim, our attorneys can assist you with understanding your legal options and protect your rights. We are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for our clients and will work diligently to help you identify and resolve your issues as quickly and efficiently as possible.